For some people, consuming gluten can trigger skin problems such as acne or psoriasis, or it can make these existing conditions worse. I find that when I reduce my gluten intake, the condition of my skin is at it's best.
I've been baking this delicious gluten-free bread a lot in the past month, and everyone who has tried it has asked me for the recipe (always a good sign!). It honestly tastes the exact same as regular soda bread, and in my opinion, it's
I generally also avoid dairy, but a little amount from time to time doesn't affect my skin. This recipe contains Greek yoghurt, but you could easily replace it with dairy free yoghurt either. This takes amount five minutes to prepare and only has two main ingredients.
What you'll need
▪ 3 small tubs of Greek yoghurt. (You can simply use natural yoghurt if you prefer).
▪ Porridge oats.
▪ 1 teaspoon of baking powder/baking soda/bread soda...
▪ Flaked almonds (optional).
▪ Sea salt.
▪ A baking tin (any shape or size is fine).
And now for the fun part.... Making the bread!
▪ Preheat your oven to 160/180 degrees
▪ Pour the three tubs of yoghurt into a large mixing bowl. Mix well to ensure that there are no lumps.
▪ Next, rinse out one of the tubs and dry it well.
▪ Fill this with porridge oats and add into the mix. You should add about five little tubs of oats, mixing well with each re-fill.
▪ Add in one generous teaspoon of baking soda, and a good pinch of sea salt!
▪ If the mixture is very dry, then you can add in a very small amount of water. If you think it is too wet, then add in some extra oats.
▪ Fill the mixture into your baking tray.
▪ I like to decorate it on top with some flaked almonds and extra porridge oats. It makes it taste even better!
▪ Pop the bread mix into the oven. Sometimes the almonds on top can burn a little, but that's ok, as you can just pull any burnt ones off.
▪ It takes roughly 20 minutes in the oven. Check it every so often to see how it's doing.
▪ Allow it to sit for a few minutes after you remove it from the oven. When you turn it upsidown, it should easily pop out onto whatever surface you have ready.
I can't wait for you all to try this recipe. It's so tasty! I love to serve this warm with some peanut butter on top for a healthy breakfast. If you have a chocolate craving, then Nutella is amazing on top too. Store this in the fridge, wrapped well in cling film. When you want a piece, simply heat it for ten seconds in the microwave and it's as good as it was out of the oven.